Plan For Return to Worship
PLAN FOR RETURN TO WORSHIP AT ST. CHRISTOPHER’S
The Priest-in Charge, Warden’s and Vestry have agreed with this tentative plan for face-to-face worship at St. Christopher’s. All Sunday services will be streamed on Facebook Live. Tuesday noon worship will also be on Zoom.
- Tuesday Healing Services will resume on March 9 at noon. We will use these small services to test out safe practices and practice sharing Holy Communion with proper distancing, following Diocesan guidelines.
- We will return to Sunday worship on Palm Sunday, March 28, at 10 a.m., asking that people register their intention to attend in advance, limiting attendance so that we can maintain proper distancing. We will also follow this plan for Easter Day (April 4). If necessary, we will add an additional service at noon.
- Holy Week services on Maundy Thursday (April 1), Good Friday (April 2) will also be conducted.
- Masking will be required of all attendees along with proper distancing. Masks and hand-sanitizers will be provided to those who do not have them. Windows will be open to enhance ventilation, so dress appropriately for the weather. Instrumental music will be provided, but there will be no singing. Holy Communion will be offered in one kind (meaning bread only). Details for receiving Communion will be sent later. Offering plates will not be passed but will be available on a table to receive your offerings.
- We would like to reiterate that the safest form of worship during these times is staying home to worship virtually. As a church, we are a place to provide for spiritual needs; however, we understand and respect the decision to stay home during these uncertain times.
- Better cameras and other equipment will be obtained to enhance participation for those watching on Facebook Live. Please bear with us as we learn how to operate it effectively. In addition to our own church members, there are people who join us on Facebook every week from both the local community and even abroad. It is our plan to continue to stream the worship even when we can move beyond the Pandemic protocols.
- Once the weather improves, Father Paddock will offer to bring Holy Communion to anyone who desires to receive it. There are also Diocesan protocols for keeping people safe in that circumstance.
- For the time-being we will not have coffee hours. Adult Forums in the Parish Hall at 9 am will resume on the Second Sunday of Easter (April 11).
- As we get closer to opening, more details will be shared. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Father Paddock or the Wardens, Hayward Learn and Cindy Feltz.